5.13.2012

Letting Go

 Lately I've been thinking a lot about how to let go and all these sayings I've found sum it up pretty well.  I can't make someone care, I can't change someone, I can't control situations, I need to be supportive, and I have to remember that people are human, they make mistakes, and unfortunately people change and I can't control that. And unfortunately, sometimes as people change other people get hurt.  Heck I changed.  I know someone that had a hard time letting go of me and nothing he did could change the fact that I changed.  And the only one who suffered by not letting me go is him.  So when I look it from that perspective, I do not want to be the one suffering. When I see him so miserable all I think about is how glad I am not to have to be around that.  So why should I be miserable and have people think it would be bad to be around me?  Besides my person I am missing is the one missing out and the best revenge is for me to be happy.  I feel sorry for him not to have me in his life, because I am awesome. 
 Life isn't always an easy ride but how much I suffer is up to me.  Sure I can be angry and sad and I'll have my moments but why be miserable.  It is no fun and it certainly isn't going to change anything. 

 Giving someone so much control over my emotions is giving someone power over me and nobody should ever have that much power over me.  So I'm taking my power back.




 Brilliant advice. 
 This is true, life is life and how I react is up to me.  
Holding on is too exhausting I'm telling ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment