12.23.2012

Resolving

I was just looking back to find my resolutions for 2012 and it appears I didn't make a list.  Here are some highlights from the year:

  • Finally went thru with the surgeries I have wanted for years
  • Had numerous girls trips
  • Completed CPCU
  • Got the new role as Fire Claims Trainer which I am loving
Some things about 2012 I didn't enjoy:
  • Numerous suck it moments.  Too many to count but more lows than I would like to experience again.
  • Drama.  Too. Much. Drama. 
I'm not sure if I said 2013 has to be better if that is jinxing it or if that is a good attitude.  At this point here is what I know I want out of 2013:
  • Eliminate drama.  I don't want to create any and I don't want others dragging me down with theirs.  Funny how much more grown up I feel when I start taking myself out of situations I don't need to be a part of.  And honestly it is exhausting when drama is constant.  I am not talking about not being there for friends...that is different.  It is the thriving off drama that I can't be a part of. 
  • Continue to get stronger from the things that had me weak.  I don't need some people I thought I did in order to enjoy my life.  Remember what I deserve.  And do not Internet stalk those who do not deserve me.  Continue taking Xanax.
  • Work on my book.
  • Focus on developing leadership skills at work.
  • Get back to the gym!  My surgeries have had me out of the gym for six months. 
  • Handle anger better if something does make me angry.  I.e. don't react emotionally right away.  
  • Do not spend frivolously.  Try to use up things I have before buying new.
  • Save for new car down payment.
  • Say no when I want to. Say yes when I want to. Speak up when I want to. 
  • Do the right thing, even if the right thing isn't always the easy thing. 
Some of these goals may seem hard to measure or vague, but they are meaningful to me. Just since recently eliminating some drama from my life I have already noticed a difference in how I have no problem with people that drove me crazy before.  Really it was those causing the drama that stressed me out and I took it out on other people around me.  So I do hope for good things in 2013.  I am working on things within my control this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment