7.03.2013

This moment, we own it

My motto lately has become “This moment, we own it.”  I guess it should say “I own it” but it is from a song by Wiz Khalifa.  It is from the Fast and Furious 6 soundtrack.  This morning I got a text from Caylea that said “Why did I wake up at 7am to you listening to RAP MUSIC?”  LOL, because it pumps me up for the day.  The song reminds me to walk around like I am owning it.  Because I’ve been getting into a weights routine.  And by getting into I mean I’ve done 2 days of it so far.  But so far I am loving it.  I was super intimidated by going to the gym with the big boys all around doing weights, however, I picked a great week to get started.  Seems like everyone is on vacation so the gym has been pretty empty.  I am really loving having a schedule and something to keep me on track.  Monday I did chest and triceps and last night I did back and biceps.  The weights are a lot different than body pump.  I realized just how much Body Pump is muscle endurance where as weight lifting is strength and I don’t have a lot of it.  It really is easy to walk around like I know what I am doing.  Everyone pretty much does their own thing.  I do get a little self-conscious at times wondering if my outfit is too tight, I am comfortable in it but I seem to get attention from older men.  Like much older.  I’ve turned down 2 dinner invites this month from guys probably 20 years older than me.  Where are the cute, young guys hiding at?   Anyways the routine I am doing I got from bodybuilding.com (and no I am not going for that look!)  I have been reporting in every day with a guy at work who goes to the gym quite often with his girlfriend.  I have been thinking that I will have to tell him if I slack off so I have some accountability there.

 Serious guys at gym..................................Me


I’ve also been working on this Advocare 24 day challenge.  The first 10 days are the cleanse phase.  Let me just talk about the Herbal Cleanse.  Day 1 of Herbal Cleanse I mixed it with water.  Big mistake.  Disgusting.  But I sucked it down.  Day 2 of Herbal Cleanse I mixed it with OJ but didn’t chug it.  I mixed it up then thought “I will just drink it on my way to work in the car.”  I went to take a drink and it had turned into cream of wheat.  By day 3 I had it down, mix with OJ and chug.  Still gross.  Another part of the program is drinking Spark in the morning.  Spark is supposed to give you energy and a lot of vitamins.  Spark I love.  I have fruit punch and mandarin orange.  Fruit punch is pretty good.  I still chug it because it’s pretty sweet but I do like how it gets me going.  Then there are some Omega plex pills to take at night which are like fish oil type supplements.  Now I am on to the Max phase.  This phase still has me doing the Spark, yay for that!  Then I take some pills before breakfast.  Breakfast is a protein meal replacement.  Then I take some pills before lunch.  Then I take 6 pills with lunch.  Then the Omega’s(2) at night.  And the pills are not small and they have that vitamin-y smell which sometimes makes me want to gag.  I can honestly say I am over the pill taking.  I counted 9 that I took this morning with the Advocare pills plus my normal daily meds.  And this is only like day 3 of this 14 day portion.  The first half of this deal I didn’t take the eating part so seriously but now I am really working on it.  And I already feel really good and losing some cravings!  I’m drinking 64 oz. of water a day minimum.  At first that was hard.  But when I do 10 oz. of water for my spark drink, 10 oz. for my protein meal replacement, 2 20 oz. bottles during the day, and a 10 oz. portion to take a pre-workout supplement I have been taking prior to the gym I am golden.  I usually have all this water done before I even get home at night.  Then I can have some black iced tea with dinner and not feel guilty. 

I went to Wal-Mart and stocked up on meat.  I never have meat in the house.  I’m going to try to make a couple recipes tomorrow. 



So this first 4 weeks of the weights program says “no cardio.”  The thought behind it is you don’t want to burn off the calories you need to build muscle.  Well….I went and signed up for a half marathon last night.  I mean when you find out there are hot men standing at the finish line handing you jewelry….why not?  I have yet to figure out another way to get a hot man to give me jewelry.  So my half marathon training says “no weight training.”  Hmmm….totally contradicting training plans.  Oh well, I’m doing both.  We will see how much I kick myself here soon.  Been 2 years since my last half.  It’s time. 

 The rest of the song includes “I’ve never feared death or dying, I’ve only feared never trying.”  So it’s fitting right…cause this training program may just kill me.  And yeah, I am getting inspiration from a rap song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment