8.27.2010

Woot Woot!

I accomplished one of my really BIG goals for this year, paid off all my credit card debt! I know financial stuff can be somewhat of a taboo subject but during 5 years of marriage we were always talking about trying to pay off credit cards and never did it and just racked it up. I just became numb to the number on the balance every month. After getting divorced I realized it was all up to me. I was left with quite a bit of cc debt. After many hours of overtime I finally did it. My goal was to do it by the end of the year and I did it in 8 months! I've had this sign hanging on my "goal board" in my closet all year.
It was a pretty motivating statement to look at every morning! I have a completely different outlook on money now. If I wanted something before I would just throw it on the credit card. Now I really think about every purchase I make. I definitely think about hours of overtime that I have to put in if I choose to make a purchase that I don't have room for in my budget.
One recent splurge was a trip to Victoria's Secret. I was pretty excited about the deal I got with this. First I found a new perfume that I fell in love with. It's called 'Tease' and it's got black vanilla, frozen pear, and blooming gardenia according to the label. It's not a scent that I would typcially wear, a little less fruity and a little stronger than I normally get. I got a free lotion with the perfume. I had a coupon for $10 off $50 and the perfume was $45 so I grabbed a $5 travel size lotion that is beachy scented, and the coupon also included free undies...so after the freebies and discount my total for everything was $43 after tax. I was pretty happy with that!

Also had a trip to Target where I had $30 in coupons to use. It's been awhile since I took the time to print coupons so I was glad I took the time to do it before I went because they came in handy! The dogs are happy because I brought home a ton of dog treats. For aall the above I had $8 in coupons total.

For the glade items I scored big with $7.75 in coupons between manufacturer coupons and Target coupons. It was $12 total for them all before coupons, so saved over half, making them all $1.06 each! The Target cashier asked if I had any coupons to use and I just laughed and said "Uh yeah I have a stack of them" and handed them over!
Yay for saving money and paying off credit cards! Now I'm making my State Farm Visa work for me with State Farm dollars. I will still use it to make purchases but then go home and immediately make the payment online so it is just like I'm using it as debit. That way I can rack up the dollars. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment