12.31.2011

2011 wrap up

My goals for 2011 included:
-Logging more miles
-More time with friends
-Read more
-Hydrate
-more time in my scrapbook room
-Build savings
-Letting things go

As I thought about 2011 I could not believe how much this year included. Seems so long ago that I ran the half-marathon in Disney. I haven't logged much more miles since. I've been steady at the gym with my Body Pump class, but it's time to get back to running. Hard to believe that Disney was this year.

Then had some fun with friends on our cruise just a few months ago! I love traveling.



I did manage to spend more time in my scrapbook room, so to speak. Some of my projects I took into the living room so I could have the TV on while I did them. I have it on my list to add a small TV to my scrapbook room. But I have made a lot of projects this year. I did also manage to do a lot of reading, both books for fun and CPCU. Hydrating...well that is an ongoing goal. Along with building savings, and letting things go.


Some of my favorite things that happened in 2011-1. Completed 1/2 marathon 2. Put fence up in backyard (best money spent this year hands down) 3. Being in Shape magazine 4. Girl's cruise 5. Caylea getting motivated enough to clean her room (like seriously clean her room up to my standards) 6. Discovering Pinterest 7. Concerts-Bon Jovi, 3 Doors Down, and Darius Rucker.


Working on my goals for 2012 but I'm not making my usual New Year's statement of "This year has to be better than last year" because the year never quite lives up to my expectations. There is always things I am working on and want to accomplish and boy there never seems to be enough money for all the things I want to do or buy. But when I stop and think about it, I am in a darn good place. I love my home, I can sit in it on a Saturday night and just enjoy it. I just put a down payment on a class trip for Caylea to Paris, London, and Barcelona. I have a good job that allows me to make a little extra money sometimes even though it can burn me out. Even though I am nowhere near where I want to be financially I am able to let Caylea go on this amazing trip, have a home I love, buy the necessities and the occasional fun pair of shoes. At some point I think to really enjoy life I have to stop thinking about the "more" and just appreciate what is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment