10.25.2012

My story ct. Gratitude

So for this to make sense you need to read the previous post.  I went back to the dr. yesterday and they normally take the adhesive strips off my stitched up areas at the one week follow up but I asked him not to. I told him I am just still so sensitive and feel like they are holding me together.  I know it is safe for them to come off but the less I touch that area right now the better.  I think once all the swelling goes down I will love my results.  Right now they look great just seem a bit big for me, but my dr. warned me I would feel huge at first. Again my nurse gave me a hug and I was so grateful for how caring she and the dr. were.  Like I kinda want to send them an edible arrangement or something. I may have mentioned it before but I had a horrible experience at OSF in Bloomington as a teen and the nurses were so mean. Ever since then I have told nurses thank you for taking care of me. I said it first thing when I sat up after my lift surgery and I said it multiple times this time around. Actually I stopped by the front desk on my way out of the dr. yesterday and told everyone there thank you for taking care of me.

Between the nurses and dr. making me feel so cared for and Caylea and my mom being so great this week I have been feeling a lot of gratitude.  Caylea came in so many times to ask if I was ok and for awhile when I was in the most pain Thursday night just came in and sat by me on the bed and held my hand. We have our mom/teenage daughter fights but it is nice to know none of it really matters when it comes down to it. Of course I should mention while she was holding my hand she tried to convince me to buy her a cat a few times, lol. I told her makeup was the most she was getting out of that deal.  But she was so worried about the dog jumping on me she shut her out of my room for at least an hour and Jazzie does not like being shut out. She whined and barked and drove Caylea crazy so I told her once she came in she'd lay down with me but Caylea was worried she'd be so excited to see me she'd jump at first. So the next thing I know here comes Caylea with Jazzie on her leash!  Lol, she thought of everything. But it was fine we took her off the leash and she layed right down and gave Caylea the death stare. Caylea went to a sleepover Sat. night and was texting me asking if I was doing ok. I replied and told her I just spent $500 at old navy.com.  She did not find that funny after I said I was kidding.  She is a good kid.

I am grateful for how many wonderful friends I have who checked on me.  I am grateful for Magnus and Jazzie for laying around with me.  And I am grateful for painkillers. Very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment