3.10.2013

What a difference

I was thinking back this weekend to approximately this time last year.  What a difference a year makes.  This time last year I had smaller "girls."  This time last year I dreaded going to work every day.  This time last year I was overwhelmed with thinking about someone I couldn't have.  Now today I love my new girls.  Today I look forward to work everyday.  And today the person I was thinking of last year hardly crosses my mind.  Today I feel hopeful for what the future may bring instead of just figuring out how to get through each day without a breakdown.  Today I believe some people don't stay in your life for a reason.  Maybe they are making room for people that are a better fit.  And those people teach you lessons along the way and they serve a purpose for the time they are in your life.  I truly didn't become as strong as I could be until those people were no longer in my life.   It may have taken almost a year for the "ah ha" moment to arrive but what's important is that it did.  I feel a new self confidence I didn't have before and even though I say stupid things that and make myself cringe sometimes, I am trying to adopt the philosophy of not caring what others think.  I am being me and if they don't like me nothing I can do about it.  It is amazing how much less stressful life is when you stop worrying about things you can't control.

Tomorrow I am starting a six week boot camp class.  This is the first time getting back to the gym since my surgeries, so in about nine months.  Hoo-ahh I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment