5.27.2009

Ah...the irony


Let me start by saying "Holy Ouch!" I apparently have a condition known as plantar fasciitis. At least that is what I have self-diagnosed myself with. And others at work are agreeing with me. Who knew the arch and heel of your foot could hurt THAT bad? Apparently wearing the wrong shoes, like my red and purple high heels, isn't the best thing for your feet. Neither is running in my old Nike's because they are in the trunk of my car and I don't want to go home and get my good shoes before running after work. I think I need to splurge on another good pair of running shoes to keep in my car. My Brooks shoes are so comfy and they are really the first pair of shoes I've ever bought without even considering if they were cute or not.
So I'm thinking of the irony of this situation....

1. I am turning 30 in a few days. Welcome to getting older Shyla.

2. I can't go run because I can barely walk. And just when I am starting to run longer distances I really don't want to take a step back.

3. Running is my stress relief. And I think you'll agree with me that I need all the stress relief I can get right now!

So, this little situation reiterates my lesson learned #1 in the prior post, a good pair of running shoes is worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. I had plantar fasciitis and yes, it sucks!!!! It will get better though!! But I agree, you probably should splurge and buy another pair of good running shoes! Take care!

    ReplyDelete