2.02.2010

House Arrest

Came back from Bloomington with a very sore throat! It was fun to see everyone and I wish I could've seen more friends. I will let you all know when the next trip is planned!

So I bought my new running watch which I have been referring to as my HA bracelet. As in house arrest. Because it is ridiculously huge! I think a guy could pull it off more than I can. But it is cool that I can start running new routes and it will keep my mileage for me. I normally stick to the same routes because I know exactly how far it is. So this will hopefully help get me in some new territory. I have to get back into a routine. I feel like I've kind of been wandering around without having a regular routine.
Caylea is never without her eyeliner anymore.
My new house arrest bracelet, er, I mean, running watch.

I found Magnus leaning on my bench where I store my sweaters....which I thought was weird...

And then realized he was stealing Jazzie's bone from her. Note it hanging out of the side of his mouth and Jazz pitching her howling fit because she is ticked off that he snatched it.
Found this write up on one of the regular blogs I follow and thought it was really good...
"I walked on hot coals once - barefoot. Across a bed of white hot embers about twenty feet long. When you walk off the fiery path you step into a puddle of water and you can hear your feet sizzle and see steam rise. And lo', thanks to mind over matter, I didn't even blister. Hot damn.
I raced home at midnight, under a full moon, with a note card tucked into my Levi's: "I, Veronica Danielle LaPorte walked on fire. I can do anything."
Would I do it again? Ummm....I....dunno. The evening of that fire walk workshop I asked some of the repeat walkers how it was for them. I was surprised to hear that a lot of them burned their feet on their second walk. "Say whu?! But you already slammed these coals once." The prevailing response: "Yeah, but I got cocky the second time around." Every walk requires a fresh meditation.
Ask any athlete or elite performer. Writers, salesmen, speakers, very big project managers, wide-awake lovers: Success can dull your senses. Each win is a new win, earned with intense focus and an open heart.
Do not take your expertise or natural talent for granted. Stay awake. Hunt. Kill your old material. Listen for new information. Tell a different story in a different way. Crush your gimmicks. Let the page be white. Kiss him like it's your first kiss.
Let your heart race and concentrate. Then and only then, begin."

No comments:

Post a Comment