7.04.2010

Happy 4th!

My current obsession....these are delicious. I've been eating them for years but for some reason right now they taste even better than normal. If you like coconut you should definitely try em!
My project today was finally laying down the brick edging I bought for the flower bed.

I am really happy with how it turned out!

I ran out of bricks and had to run up to Menards to get some more. So Caylea and I hop in the car and race up the street with 20 minutes before closing time. And out of the other three people that are in the store would you believe one of them was standing there buying ALL the freaking red brick crescent edgers!?!? Caylea and I were standing there watching him and I was thinking "Dude, all I need is 25, please just leave 25." I honestly thought he was going to take every last one but he managed to leave me some. 15 . All I needed was 10 more to be able to do the side. But at least I was able to get the front done and you can't really see the side so not a huge deal. I would really have liked 10 more though.

Caylea snuck in some pics of me while I was doing the yardwork.

She had a great vantage point...

From her chair here where she sat the whole time watching me do all the work!

I found this at Target today and thought it was too cute to pass up.

Thought it made a nice new addition to the mantel.

Today is one of the dog's least favorite day's of the year. They are not a fan of the fireworks. Jazz barks after every single one goes off. Magnus is hiding in the bathtub. I hear the occasional howl from Mags because Jazzie's barks make his ears hurt. It's awesome. Really.

Jazz enjoyed her toy this morning.

I did a lot of organizing projects this weekend. One of which was my hall closet. It felt great to organize.

Caylea's birthday party was a success. As was her iPod, she was totally surprised.


They stayed up until 4:30am.
Caylea had a blast. It wasn't too bad, they stayed upstairs for the most part. Had to quiet them down a few times though. My mom was a huge help, she bought decorations, cake, and cleaned for me. She was great! I'm glad Caylea enjoyed herself because it won't be happening anytime again soon. :)
Caylea and I are staying in tonight, skipping the fireworks this year. I am not up for dealing with the crowds much anymore. Working tomorrow then off to do field work on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment