7.11.2010

Winging It

So last week I was in the field doing inspections. I definitely felt like I was winging it this time around. I didn't have an estimate to write that was less than $12k and my largest estimate was over $40k. I had a house fire on a half million dollar house. Talk about feeling like I was winging it. I'm having another adjuster look over my estimate for that one. Did a lot of positive self-talk during the 4 hours it took me to inspect that house. Yes I was there for four hours. I'm not sure I've felt that mentally and physically exhausted in a long time. By the end of it I was thinking I'd have to include some clean up in my estimate from where I was about to vomit from the heat and the smell of smoke after being there for that long. But I made it through. When I had another house fire on Friday that was only on a $200k house it made it seem like a breeze though!

You know me, of course I managed to find a shoe store one night while I was out picking up dinner! Who doesn't need hot pink high heels? I mean really.

My new toy, a Dell mini Inspiron.

I'm enjoying having a laptop all to myself and the size is great for traveling. Took me 2 hours today to transfer all my favorites from the other laptop to this one.

Back in the office this week and out to the field in Arkansas next week. I'm already looking forward to getting out of the office again. Then at the end of the month a trip to Chicago with Missy to have our favorite man sing to us once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment