9.22.2010

Big steps....big snake

I'm in Springfield this week doing inspections. Today I had to walk across this field....to inspect a piece of the carport that blew away. I saved the walk for the last part of my inspection, because walking in this long grass was not my idea of a good time, and I was afraid of what I might run into. So carefully I took off with big steps and looking down to see where I was going, most of the time I could see the ground, but not all the time.
Saw what I needed to see and then started the walk back when next thing I notice is....
this huge, ugly, nasty snake! A few choice words came out of my mouth. I high tailed it back to the car after a very loud shriek, and half ran the whole way back.
This was how far I was actually standing from the snake to take a picture, the picture above this one is using zoom, because you know I wasn't taking another step near it! Whew, gives me chills just thinking about it! Just supports how they say you should always listen to your instincts, because mine were screaming at me that I should skip the field portion of the inspection. I don't know what kind of snake that is, but it was one that was way too big for my liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment