10.16.2011

Charlie's Angels part 1

I decided to break this up into two parts because of just how many photos I have from our trip. So it's kind of backwards since I started the photos from the end of the trip so the beginning would be at the top, until I realized I should probably do two posts.

Everywhere we went we were referred to as Charlie's Angels. So this became our Charlie's Angels cruise. :) We had great weather and saw some beautiful islands.

The ship














Dinner












Us with our new friend, she was so sweet and so pretty in her dresses.












I think this was my favorite thing I ate the whole time for dinner, black bean and veggie enchiladas. They were amazing!








Love towel animals!














































We debated on what this was. Peacock I guess.
















The mean looking towel animal-the scorpion. And the final night's towel animal gave us a good laugh but I did not take a picture because I really wasn't sure what it was and let's just say it looked inappropriate.
















Friday in St. Kitts
















We didn't do any excursion on St. Kitts. This trip only had one day at sea so we were ready to just kind of relax again and the excursions here were pretty pricey for what was involved. It was a nice relaxing day.





















We just shopped at the port and found monkeys! Good thing they didn't have any teeth because they decided to see if Lisa and my fingers were tasty.





















I love monkeys. After shopping we went back to the ship and enjoyed the pool and hot tub while it wasn't crowded. That night was the returning guest reception so we had to get ready a little earlier than usual so it worked out pretty well. (returning guest reception=free drinks=well worth getting ready earlier than usual)
















Pretty sunset















Our amazing bartender Stan! He was awesome and fun, and from Bulgaria. And thanks to us he now knows what a pinky swear is.















Our drink table the night Thursday night. We managed to squeeze as many free drinks as we could out of the 45 minute reception then went straight to the lobby bar to see Stan.















Then later that same night it was time for the 80's sing along party. We rocked out to some Living on a Prayer. Oh yeah.















Our wonderful dinner waiter Heshbon, aka Hashbrown.















Jona and me with our cruise director Karl with a K and Donkey. Karl is the 5 footer. We didn't even have on heels that night.















Our last day of the trip was spent in St. Maarten/St. Martin. We learned some very interesting facts about the Dutch vs. French sides of the island. No drinking and driving on the French side but have at it on the Dutch side! There are no traffic lights on the island anywhere either.















First stop was feeding Iguanas! Oh yeah! There were dozens of them! And they LOVE them some bananas.















One crawling across my foot.















They like the peel and all...this one is eating out of my hand. Unlike the monkey I could feel this guy's teeth.















Big Daddy















Sea Urchin, I got to hold him too. I made no sudden movements holding this guy. I love my friends but really didn't want to have to have anyone pee on my hand if it stung me.















This water was shallow all the way out to that little island you can see. We walked about halfway out to it.















Orient Beach, very pretty, very soft sand, very wavy, and very nude on one side.
















Sarafina's-a yummy little french bistro/open air cafe we stopped at for pastries and sandwiches. Yum. When we asked the woman behind the counter what something was all she said back was "And?"















Maho Beach. This is where the planes fly right at you and over your head. So cool. We were there for less than 30 minutes and were able to see 4 planes come in.















So cool















The "Danger Do Not Stand Jet Blast" warnings















"Jet blast of departing and arriving aircraft can cause severe physical harm resulting in extreme bodily harm and/or death"















Ship at port in St. Maarten















The views and water here were stunning. This was tied with St. Lucia for my favorite island. St. Maarten's beaches were much better than St. Lucia's. So in the next post I will cover the rest of our ports!

No comments:

Post a Comment