7.05.2012

Staycation

It has been really nice using this week as recovery/staycation. I am restricted from most activities for awhile but I am able to go for walks and everyday I have gone for a 3 mile walk. It has felt good to just get back to basics with exercise and not try to go for a routine. My gym is actually closing the location I usually go to anyway so it works out since I won't be able to lift weights for awhile. The walking has felt great, even though it is hot as heck out. Caylea wanted to go with me for my walk on the 4th and it wore her out. She wanted to sit on every bench we passed. We came home and she took a two hour nap. I am also restricted from being out in the sun for long periods so that has ruled out the pool, so I used the 4th to watch season one of The Killing on Netflix. Hello, good show! I had two episodes of season two dvr'd but I am hoping they re-run it cause I am missing the rest of season two which I think just ended. It has been really nice staying in and retreating from the world a bit. Tomorrow I have my one week follow up appt. Swelling has gone down a lot this week and oddly enough I was most sore day 6 post-surgery, maybe it was due to the walks. Or I just have started being less careful with movements, I moved very slow the first few days. I don't think he does much tomorrow except make sure all looks good. But he may remove bandages that I may not enjoy him removing. Not sure what to expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment