5.25.2010

Happy feet and a long upcoming weekend

On Friday I'm heading to Nashville to see Andre, Stacy, and Azlyn. I haven't seen them over 2 years! I'm so excited! And it'll be SO nice to have 5 days off of work. I asked Stacy to whip up some of her potato salad, yum!
Ran on the trail today after work. 2 miles, 21 mins.
I have a ways to go to get back to where I was at this time last year, but seems like each run gets a little bit easier. I'm going to splurge on a new pair of running shoes. My shoes I bought last year have accumulated over 500 miles on them, which is crazy to even think I have ran that far in my life much less the past year. But the blister on the bottom of my foot is telling me it's time to retire my current pair. It's almost like car maintenance for running shoes, instead of every 3,000 miles you need an oil change it's every 500 miles you need new shoes. On another foot related note, I'm getting a pedicure Thursday night and I can't wait! My last one was a year ago! Since I've been so focused on my budget I didn't want to spend the money and with running my feet get pretty beat up anyways. So I will have happy feet. Pretty toes, and pretty new running shoes. Maybe in Nashville I'll find some pretty new heels. Very happy feet in my future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment