1.01.2011

2011

Happy 2011! After a lot of thought I've come up with my top goals for the new year. Last year was all about the Benjamins. I was focusing on getting in shape financially. I definitely made a lot of progress. This year I'm focusing on shaping up physically and mentally.
My new slogan on my inspiration board for this year....learning to let go. It's a personal goal in which I won't go into all the details but it goes to my shaping up mentally.
While I made significant progress last year in paying off a ton of debt, I didn't exactly building up savings like I would like. So I still need to be focused on expenses.
Since overtime is currently not available at work since it's our slow time, it's not as easy to earn the extra dollars. This means I can't just go shop as freely as I did last year when I was working endless hours. So in order to build savings I need to 1. stick to my budget and 2. cut needless spending. (i.e. stay the heck out of Target and Kohls) It is also on my to-do list to try to start selling some things around the house on ebay and/or Craigslist. Why does that intimidate me so much?
Another goal, spend as much time with friends as possible! I miss all my far away peeps! Can't wait to see the Kirksey's in February and for the girl's cruise in October! And hopefully many visits in between with everyone else!
Log more miles this year. Sign up for more races. I didn't run a single race in 2010. In addition to the half marathon I would like to do some smaller races this year. I also want to be consistent in my strength training and really get in the best shape physically I can be.

Which leads to my next goal....hydration! I don't drink near enough of this stuff. I was reminded of this yesterday when I ran and was almost immediately thirsty. I think they say by the time you are thirsty you are already dehydrated. I know I would feel better all around by drinking more water. To tag on to this I am going to try to cut back on processed junk food and try to eat more protein (hello crock pot!) and good-for-me foods.
Spend more time in here
And more time reading. Another goal is to complete CPCU this year. You'll notice I've taken my goal of not crying each week during Grey's Anatomy off my list. They say goals should be realistic, so....anyway there it is. My priorities for 2011. I said last year was bound to better than the year before, but I really think this year is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment