1.23.2011

Learning to Love it

I've had no choice except to embrace the treadmill. Even if I can take the cold, the piles of snow have left me nowhere to run. The good part of running on the mill is that when I need a bathroom break there is no worrying about where the closest bathroom is. Even Jazzie has accepted the fact that when I put my shoes on I'm only going upstairs and not outside. She is not pleased about it though. Did 7.64 miles today, my longest distance so far.
-had no problems breathing, there is nothing worse than feeling out of breath
-didn't crash or run out of energy
-did develop a bit of a stomach ache however
-walked off the treadmill with some serious blister action on my right foot
-while I still had energy left, my legs were pretty tired
-only about 5.5 miles more to add onto this to equal half marathon distance
-5 weeks from today is the big day. I'm hoping in between now and then I will be able to get outside sometime, I don't want the entire next month to be done on the treadmill and then come race day be running outside.
On another note I'm liking the new American Idol judges! Anyone else?

And another completely unrelated note I think this is a funny story, I went out for awhile Saturday night with a few people from work. While standing at the bar waiting for a drink, this guy who looks like he should be partying at the Jersey Shore and not a country bar, is texting like crazy on his phone, doesn't even look up and says to me "Don't smile so much." So I say "Excuse me?" He says "Don't smile so much, you look like you are having a terrible time." I'm thinking "oh I'm sorry was I supposed to be completely cheesing it up for you even though you aren't looking at anything but your phone!" I don't know if that was his idea of some sort of pick up line or what but I told him I was having a great night, ordered my drink and went back to my table. He annoyed me! I didn't realize he could multi-task enough to text, drink, and read all my facial expressions without ever looking up. He would've been better off going with the "What's your new sign" pick up line.

No comments:

Post a Comment