2.01.2011

A Blogger's Life

This picture is floating around Facebook and also found on the blog I'm referencing in this post. Cracks me up. While reading one of my many daily blogs I ran across this post. It made me laugh because it brought up some good points about blogging. I've recapped in my own words.
1. As a blogger, both blogging and being addicted to others blogs, you can spend hours in front of the computer and get absolutely nothing accomplished.

2. They need internet dating sites where people get to know each other through blogs. Uh, genious idea! How much can you get to know someone from their profile where they post only what they want you to know about them? You certainly can't see from their profile that they can't drive because they have a DUI and if you dare to give him your phone number he will text you 50 times the next day at work and totally creep you out. I mean I'm sure had I read the guy's blog I would've figured that all out right?

3. The ups and downs of everyday life are clearly laid out on a blog


4. The blogger I'm referencing notes that all she has to do to make people think she is cool is not blog and people think she is off living her awesome life. I think it just the opposite. I think on a blog I can make my life sound a lot cooler than it is thanks to those little things called adjectives.


5. On the other hand I completely agree when she says all she has to do to make people think she is depressed is not blog. Mostly I agree with this because when I'm depressed I usually do not blog, unless it is a really depressing post to bring you all down along with me.

6. She notes that all people are the same because she gets a lot of "I relate" messages. I agree that on all the blogs I read I can relate to many of the posts. I like her point that we all want to be unique but it's nice to know we aren't all insane. I think it's important to consider however that we all tend to read the blogs/internet sites that we are interested in to begin with. So the chances I'm going to relate to something on the sites I read daily are pretty high. That is why I'm on those sites to begin with. If sites I was reading daily included cross dressing, dentistry, and soccer blogs, chances are I'm not going to relate to a darn thing on them. Well maybe just on the cross....oh never mind.


7. I liked her story about her two worlds colliding, her real life and her blog life, when her friend found her blog link through Facebook newsfeed. I've posted my blog link on FB in the past, before I really had a lot of friends on FB. I've thought about posting it since and then thought "Well who all would look at it, what would they think?" The truth is I really have no idea who looks at my blog now. I have a good idea of my regulars, but anyone could be reading it. I guess whoever is reading it will have a good idea of the real me. Or think my life is cooler than it is. It is kind of like a diary I know everyone will come into my room and read. Welcome to my head peeps.

8. Mostly I like to blog the random thoughts I know you would all hear if you had to see me everyday. You know, the Shyla moments I know most of you all miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment